- Resource Type
- Biology Chemistry
In this project, purification technology can be made using a simple reactor and natural materials that are adjusted to the level of purification.
One of the main problems in many regions is the access to clean water. Water is scarce and therefore requires the technology that can help provide water, especially clean water. Water can be obtained from various sources, even from wastewater. In most places in Indonesia, simple water purification techniques using natural materials have been applied for a long time. The dirty water in the river can be purified using those materials to provide clean water to villages and communities.
Purification technology can be made using a simple reactor and natural materials that are adjusted to the level of purification.
- Key Objectives
- Critically designing a model for purifying water.
- Understanding characteristics and function of each component in purifying water model.
- Guiding Questions
- Which design aspects need to be considered when constructing a water purifier?
- Why do we use those materials to purify the water?
- Which the most effective model to purify the water given the set of materials?
- Can you compare the water turbidity before and after purifying?